Principal, Project Manager, Architect
The founder of Synthesis, Jim Truby has a BA in Architecture from Carnegie-Mellon University and a MA in Social Anthropology from The American University. Jim is responsible for project management including master planning, project planning and programming, site acquisition, feasibility analysis, scheduling, budgeting and financing, design, permitting, construction oversight, commissioning and move-in.
• Principal with Crystal Hill Investments, a real estate company that developed office, warehouse, residential and mixed- use projects.
• Administrator, MD Aviation Administration, with overall responsibility for the marketing, air service, physical development and operation of BWI and Martin State Airports.
• Director of Planning and Development and then Deputy Administrator for MD Aviation Administration with responsibility for airport master planning and terminal, airfield and parking improvements.
• Manager, Policy Analysis, MD Department of Transportation, Office of the Secretary.
• Community Facilities Planning Consultant, National Institute of Mental Health.
• Volunteer Architect, US Peace Corps in Sfax, Tunisia.